Can't add tree assets to terrain tools

I can’t add tree models (using the same asset pack from Unity) to my inspector by [Trees> Edit Trees… > Add] for painting the trees on my terrain. I see the Unity editor is out of focus to bring up the window to select the location of the assets but the window does not pop up.

I used Unity 2020.3.32f1 originally then tried updating the project using the lastest build 2021.2.17f1.

Hi Ace,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Did the following answer help you fix the problem?
https://forum.unity.com/threads/tree-paint-no-trees-show-up.1042222/#post-6744931

See also:

Sorry, the link did not help my issue. I can drag in assets from the imported package and shows up fine but I can’t add them for the use in tree painting. Nor did making a tree prefab made it possible to add it through the inspector.

Pressing [Trees> Edit Trees… > Add] does nothing. In the attached picture is the window I’m missing / not poping up.

Do you have multiple screens? Maybe the “Add Tree” window is somewhere else.

If you launched 2021.2.17f1, it is advisable to update the tilemap package.

Are there any error messages in your console after you clicked the “Edit Trees” button?

If nothing helped, I’d suggest to delete the Terrain game object (not your terrain mesh!). Then uninstall the Terrain package. Close Unity. Delete the Library folder in your project folder. Launch Unity. Install the Terrain package. Create the Terrain game object, create a very simple terrain for testing purposes. Try to draw trees. If that worked, reuse your Terrain mesh.

For testing purposes, you could also create a new project and test the terrain because, in rare cases, Unity components might be broken.

Please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server.

If nothing helped, please report a bug to Unity via Help > Report a bug (in Unity).

After forcing my PC to use the primary monitor the window appears! Thanks for the suggestion, never would have thought about it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms