Can't access C# on Steam version of Godot?

I downloaded Godot through Steam. But I can’t choose C# as a language when I make a new script. Is it possible to fix this, or do I have to completely redownload Godot?

There doesn’t appear to be any C# support on the Steam version of Godot; however, this isn’t much of a problem because you can have multiple versions of Godot installed at once. Also, to avoid the pain of frequently migrating your projects to match the most up-to-date version of Godot, it’s a really good idea to not use Steam for downloading Godot anyway.

What you will want to do is go to https://godotengine.org/, click Latest, and then download the .NET version. If you still want to be able to launch Godot from Steam for whatever reason, you should be able to add it to your games list as a “non-Steam game,” but even there I would be careful because, again, you can have multiple versions at once. Probably more info than you needed =)

Have fun with it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms