Cannot open the project files or build the solution, even with a new project

For some reason Unreal can’t seem to build my project dll 's at all. It doesn’t matter if it is a new project or an old one, I cannot even open the editor.

I am using Visual Studio 2017, and the project does not build in there either.

Here are the errors I got from Unreal 4.18 when trying to create a new project:

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running C:/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject Development Win64 -project=“D:/Ben/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Performing full C++ include scan (building a new target)
Creating makefile for MyProject (no existing makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProjectEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “D:\Ben\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” “D:\Ben\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProjectEditor\Development\MyProjectEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProjectEditor in 8.8604922 seconds
@progress pop
Distributing 9 actions to XGE
--------------------Build System Warning---------------------------------------
License is invalid:
License information is invalid. Please try reloading your license file using the Coordinator Monitor application on the Coordinator machine, or reinstall IncrediBuild.
This build will run in standalone mode.

--------------------Project: Default-------------------------------------------
(0:01.26 at +0:00)
SharedPCH.Engine.cpp
c:\epic games\ue_4.18\engine\source\runtime\core\public\windows\WindowsSystemIncludes.h(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘intsafe.h’: No such file or directory

Error executing D:\Program Files(x86)\Visual Studio 2015\VC\bin\amd64\cl.exe (tool returned code: 2)
---------------------- Done ----------------------

Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

1 build system warning(s):

• License is invalid

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Ben\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject.dll
Total build time: 47.61 seconds (XGE executor: 0.00 seconds)

Sorry about the ugly error paste, but I am not about to put 4 indents on each one of those lines haha

Any ideas?

Hey,

There seem to be a couple of things going on. Before delving into this further, can you launch the visual studio installer and confirm that you selected and have installed “Desktop Development with C++”?

Hey r0ss, I can confirm that VS has that installed, as well as “Game Development with C++”

Privacy & Terms