Cannot get this to work

Every time I try to change something really small after this lecture, something goes completely wrong.

I made my ship go from A to B just like in the video, but when I moved it like he did in the video from 5 seconds to 10 seconds, my key frame diamonds disappeared and I cannot get them back. I scoured the internet for answers and cannot find any.

So I deleted it and tried all over, but it seems like deleting a timeline and the components is not like deleting other things…

Now I get, “MissingReferenceException: The object of type ‘PlayableDirector’ has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.” Now that I get this error, I can set the first key frame, but it won’t save then location B keyframe… So I cannot do any animation using this gameObject.

1.) How I can Properly delete a timeline and start Fresh on a particular gameObject?
2.) How can I see my keyframe diamonds again when they disappear in the animation window?

I was able to solve 1. by going into the unity folder and deleting all files related to the gameObject, then removing all components related to timeline and animation.

Still can’t figure out 2.

1 Like

Also, how am I to make the ship both translate and rotate as it moves? It seems this lecture series only shows how to translate?

Am I wrong about this?

Privacy & Terms