Cannot drag lizard object to preview window

Tried following the steps to preview an animation with the preview window in the inspector. Followed the exact steps Rick did in the video but when I drag the Lizard game object to the preview window nothing happens. It doesn’t work so I have to find another way to preview animations. Has anyone else had this issue?

Were you able to find a way to make it work somehow? I’m on Unity 2019.1.4f1 and am experiencing exactly this as well. Couldn’t find any information online regarding this either.

It’s not a major issue since you can preview the animation in the scene/game windows but the little preview might be useful later on.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked Udemy’s comments for lesson 8 and someone solved this. It might be a “feature” on newer versions of Unity but instead of dragging and dropping the Lizard model into the middle of the preview window like Rick does, instead, you’ll need to drop it into the bottom field of the preview window where it says “AssetBundle”.

1 Like

Hey Hugo_Matias!

Glad you figured it out. I also just ended up previewing the animation in the scene window. I’ll have to give your suggestion a try. It’s crazy how frequently little things like this change in subsequent versions, makes it a little more challenging for a beginner.

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms