Can you escape the Jungle? Sharing my game NEW FEATURES

Hi everyone. I have just shared my text game ‘LOST! Can you Escape the Jungle’ on gamebucket.io I did see the sharemygame.com link above but having problems uploading to this site… If anyone has any ideas why I’d love to hear. Also, I can only get the Unity Web Player to work in Internet Explorer and not Firefox, is this a common issue?

ANYWAY here is my game https://gamebucket.io/game/dd323b0b-63e6-4479-a1ec-9dfe54eb305f I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think. It took me about two weeks as I went a bit off script and worked in features like a rudimentary inventory, alternative endings, and, well play and see!

Looking forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

I’m not able to play your game. If you want to upload to ShareMyGame.com . go to File -> Build Settings and select WebGL, make sure the Development Build checkbox is unchecked and make a folder with your game’s name, select it and click build. It may take several minutes and appear paused or frozen. Let it work it should be completed before ten or fifteen minutes. After you have built the game, select the folder that you built into, inside the folder there should be an index.html file, a Build folder, and a TemplateData folder, you need all three of those so what you want to do is go back out of the folder that has all those files and right click it. use your zip program like Winzip or 7zip to “add to archive”. If you do not have a zip program 7zip is really good and it is free. 7-Zip Download Page This will make a copy of your game with the .zip extension. It needs to be in a .zip extension when you upload the file. Also you cannot rename the index.html inside the .zip archive, or any of the folders or it will mess it up.

Hello, thank you for the advice. I am hoping to put some time aside
tomorrow to try and fix these issues :slight_smile:

Your game seems promising. I’d like to play it when its ready. I took a similar amount of time to make my text adventure. I like seeing people who don’t stick to templates. It shows that a person is actually learning instead of following procedures, or just doing what is dictated. I’ve played over a dozen text adventures on the site and the best ones are the ones that do what you are doing. Playing around, adding features, taking the time.

Privacy & Terms