Can’t add parameters

Ok so this is very frustrating, when I go to add a parameter in the animator tab then nothing happens except the inspector tab goes empty with just the layer at the top. I cannot click to add any parameters!! Have gone back over all the steps up to that point but still it doesn’t work!! This means I am unable to add any conditions to my transitions, what am I doing wrong??

2 Likes

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

1 Like

It was in unity but after restarting my machine the problem seems to have fixed itself, obviously wasn’t enough to just shut and restart the program as I had done previously! Anyway I can crack on now!!!

1 Like

Ok so that worked for a bit but then it stopped working, the whole course has been going well to this point and unity seems mega buggy.

Here are some screenshots of the problem I am having

2 Likes

Ah, I suspected as much from the language used in the first post this is nothing to do with Blender. You are using a game engine.

I will move it to Unity Ask. More likely someone will have some idea of what is going on there.
I know it is a follow through from a Blender course but using Unity is a different thing altogether.

2 Likes

I think you need to remove the condition from the transition. This transition suggests it should go back from ‘punch’ to ‘idle’ when the ‘punch’ parameter is triggered.

2 Likes

Thanks @NP5 for moving this post, not really got any idea how it got originally posted in blender. Probably because the course was mainly about blender. I am nice and comfy in blender this unity stuff is all completely new to me!

Thanks @bixarrio, that seems to make perfect sense! Perhaps I was so frustrated by the glitch with the button I wasn’t thinking logically! I will try what u suggest :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms