Can I skip this course and go to the next one?

I have been struggling and struggling through this course with Mikey.
I feel like he tells us what something is, but hardly explains how it works, or most importantly, the context to know why we are doing it.
Reading the reviews for the whole course, people say toon tanks is better.

Anyone know if I can skip this teacher and still understand enough?

I really wish I understood this more. But its just not explained.

Well, I did skip the Triple X and most of the Bulls & Cows sections because I already knew some C++ and wanted to go straight to the UE specific parts.

If you struggle so much with the teaching style maybe it’s for the better that you skip Building Escape. You’ll miss on how to pick up objects from your pawn location and set up physics, but I think you’ll still understand enough from Toon Tanks and Simple Shooter to follow them, they are pretty much independent from each other and focus on different things. You should know what pawns and actors are and how they work, though.

At least in my experience so far, I finished Escape and Toon Tanks but haven’t finished Simple Shooter yet. You can always go back and watch the skipped videos if you feel lost.

1 Like

Hey friend - I struggled a lot with bulls and cows as well. If you aren’t having fun / learning something, there’s no problem with switching it up and coming back later. I liked building escape for sure, and toon tanks is really amazing.

Have fun,
Tele

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms