Can I publish a model I made following a tutorial?

So, there’s this game called VR Chat where the members can publish custom made worlds and avatars for others to play with in VR. I was wondering if it’s alright if I take the floating island model I made using the Low Poly course and publish it on there. Would that be ok? Or is there copy right issues since it’s similar to the one that Grant made? I’d give credit of course to Grant and Gamedev.TV for making the tutorial.

1 Like

I can’t see why that would be an issue, you made it. Especially if you are transparent with how you learned how to make it. I mean everyone learned how to make something from someone else in one way or another.

3 Likes

No problem if it’s not that commercial.

3 Likes

I do not see any issue with it being like Grant’s.

Just very remotely an issue with any textures downloaded, check the licencing on them. So long as it is not commercial almost certainly ok. imo.

2 Likes

Ok cool thanks!! Wanted to make sure because I know how tricky this stuff can be ^^

2 Likes

it’s not! nearly all content is user generated and as far as I’m aware there’s not system for creators to generate revenue.

1 Like

Cool! We didn’t use any textures in the tutorial, just some simple materials he showed us how to make, so I shouldn’t have to worry about that. I am downloading a skybox from the Unity Asset store, but I’m checking that and making sure I’m free to use it in something like this.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms