C1xx: fatal error C1083

Im trying to follow along the Unreal Engine Course but I cant perform the first compilation as I get the error ’ c1xx: fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: ‘triplex.cpp’: No such file or directory ’

I have changed the file directory quite a few times already and it does not work. Please review the picture with the error in it.

Thanks.

1 Like

hi im facing the same issue actually?

Could you post a screenshot?

I have changed also the directory of file saved but the error now changed to the attached pic.

That compiled successfully.

1 Like

But i cant see the results of Cout << ?

You aren’t supposed to. Compiling creates the program. To execute it just type the name triplex.exe

1 Like

ok i got it now i saw my output after this:

CL tripplex.cpp

then i typed tripplex.exe

Q now is ( CL Tripplex.cpp )is required to be typed ?? or i can just start with tripplex.exe

Also what that .obj?
just to gather info

Thanks really

When you want to see the changes you made to the code. Because that compiles the file TrippleX.cpp and outputs an executable with the same name.

That is an intermediate file. cl TrippleX.cpp automatically runs the linker. The compiler compiles the file into an object file (.obj) and the linker turns that into an executable.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6264249/how-does-the-compilation-linking-process-work

1 Like

That was so helpful info and appreciated.

Will continue learning and will see where i can achieve i want to become good and make games as well. :sunflower::sunflower:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms