Flux Control Module
NCC-1701_WarpFluxControleModule_01

Trough Details
NCC-1701_NacelTrough_01

Magnetic Feild Shaping Coils
NCC-1701_MagneticFieldCoils_01

4k render at 1024 samples

3 Likes

Spent most of yesterday and today working on cleaning up and re-organizing my files for this projects so I only got a couple things done. First is the grillwork on the pylons

and second is the lighting for the Bussard collectors (I’m currently reworking the Bussard materials since the lights aren’t shining through correctly.)

1 Like

Here is the first Test animation for the project

TODO:

• Animate Lights to blink
  • Mirror animation for dome and lights

comments welcome

1 Like

Man! Is this grill all geometry?
It’s so tiny that maybe you could replace by texture.

Just a suggestion.

LOL, nah, there was no way I was doing that as geometry :slight_smile: it’s a simple mix of the Hull material and a transparancy shader controled by a mask image.

I used this one for the grills on the nacelles
EnterpriseNacelleScreenPattern

and this one for the grills on the pylons

2 Likes

Could you post us the node tree?

1 Like

You want the grill work or the lights or one of the other Materials? (I think there’s around 15 or 20 at this point :slight_smile:)

1 Like

I have meant the grill with his transparency shader and the mask image. The technique seems to be very interesting and useful for many purposes. I hope I can understand it.

No problem, here we have the node tree for the Grill work on the Warp Pylons

And here, the one for the grill work on the Warp Nacelles

And as a bonus, for the Warp Intercooler Low-poly version

Oh, and this just finished rendering
Bussard Ramscoop Animation Test 2

2 Likes

Thank you, Capricas_Kirito!! :smile: This is very helpful! Ans your animation looks great!!!

1 Like

Well this kind of snuck up on me but it seems the modeling portion of this build is done :slight_smile: and, after a bit of work pulling all the parts back into a single file (made heavy use of the Link File function), here is a final 3840x2080 render before I start working on the textures.

3 Likes

I expected to be posting this this morning alas it took a bit longer than I thought it would

Size: 1920x1080
Format: mpeg-4
Engine: Cycles
Quality: 1600 samples
Duration: 5 seconds
Render Time: 23 hours

1 Like

Dude, 23hrs rendering 5 seconds. Why did you set to 1600 samples that’s Ultra Kill Kill Kill!

Really, try Eevee to save some time next one :slight_smile:
(you’ll take less time finding what you have to activate than rendering, i’m pretty sure)

2 Likes

Still plugging along at this and as someone else said in one of their threads, it’s just time for an update. I’ve got most of the texturing for the primary hull done but still need to finish up the Linear Accelerator and the Impulse Drive.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms