Button doesn't return to normal

So I hit play, and mouse over the button. The highlight colour appears. I click it and the ‘pressed’ colour appears. But after it’s been pressed, it seems to take the highlight as the new normal, because it always returns to that. As if it forgot the ‘normal’ colour entirely.

2 Likes

Click on your button in the hierarchy to open it in the Inspector. Find ‘Navigation’ and change it’s attribute to ‘None.’

3 Likes

This is a problem that has been there for a long time. I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it is normal behaviour. You can indeed solve this by changing the Navigation attribute to None, but searching on the Unity forum, doing this is not always what you want, depending on which way of input you are using for your game.

Take a look at this article, it explains it in detail: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ui-system-highlighting-last-clicked-button-problem-possible-easy-solution.565195/

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link. The behaviour is not a bug. It’s the default option.

See also:

Thank you for the information. That was exactly what I needed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms