Bunny sketch planning and progress

bunny%20sketch

I want to have a height and a little warren almost for the bunny to be looking at. We’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Thinking of using this:

bunny%20stock

And

grass

For references. I know…white rabbits change in seasons, but the colour is subject to change.

rough place holders.

With higher opacity so you can see the profile I’m working on.

I actually ended up with a fairly low triangle count by comparison with the tutorial, but I couldn’t get the eye sockets to work right. We’ll see how it goes.

Without the background image. I’m going to append it since I made this in a seperate file and probably have to scale. We’ll see.

1 Like

And appended into the scene over the cone marker

1 Like

bunny used blow dryer-is not advised.

1 Like

Now that I’ve done the hair I can see I’ll have to go back and make the bunny have more geometry. Bunny does not need speed lines.

Then again-maybe not-looks like bunny gets speed lines even at higher geometry.

Not sure entirely why…combing doesn’t seem to change it. Wonder if it’s a lighting or hair material issue?

His hair looks better though-but I think that’s because I was more practiced with getting it combed.

Different base model here-I liked the form better-had to change the fur to a darker material, since the tutorial asked for us to add in a chest blaze… and I added another vector group for around the eyes to highlight them.

Yes the ears aren’t great, the prior model’s ears are better, but I’m not concerned about changing them since I know I can just swap the ears from one model to the next.

This is after working on adding randomness to the model.

Also-no speed lines!

1 Like

Wide angle rabbit for camera lecture

Close up of the eye (s).

I did a new file for the white background grass, so I didn’t end up adding something I might not want to my file.

I decided to go with a night scene for my rabbit and here’s my grass.

I do like having sculpt for my landscape texture…I’m hoping that it won’t mess up the render too much

With the two plants I made from grass

So I scattered my grass and my plants, but in order to get the grass texture and coverage I wanted, at the end I cheated and added a hair particle system and thinned the roots down. I’m looking for a rougher, more mountain bluff/tundra in the summer look, so it worked out. Even the little nubs that are the roots help simulate some of the low laying ground cover you’ll find in between with rounded leaves.

If I was going for a meadow I certainly wouldn’t have done it this way, so your own project might not find it as useful. I also wanted something that would render relatively fast-since I use my computer for a ton of other things.

I’m relatively satisfied with how it looks, for this assignment, at least.

(In something more professional, there are some gripes I have, but I’m not spending twenty more hours -or more- fixing stuff that I already know how to work on.)

1 Like

My render… I wanted something ethereal and different. There are bits here and there I could do better…more grass plants tufted, some rock objects, larger, textured leaves, and a background with may mountains or something in the distance, but this is for the assignment, and I know now (thanks michael) how to do all of those things.

So here is my rabbit scene.

I didn’t do the bonus challenge but here’s a higher res image.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms