Bunny sculpting

I want to sculpt Bugs Bunny but I can’t use the smooth brush for the legs and arms, it erases too much of their geometry. Is there another way to smooth an object in blender without warping its geometry too much? For example, in the video of this lecture, is there a way to smooth the nose of that “head” without destroying it completely?

P.S.
Is there a way to rotate geometry of an object around without warping its polygons?

It sounds like the issues you are having relates to how strong the brush is and how close you are to the model.
Both of these affect it when sculpting.

What i suggest doing is taking a duplicate of your rabbit to another layer and practising on that as then if it turns into a mess and you cant undo you can just revert to the original.
Also i do this is stages in that i sculpt and then duplicate when i get a good bit, This helped me in the learning process but you could equally use multiple saves to do this

Please let meknow if you need any other advice.

I tried doing it in multiple layers, but it turns out a mess as well, so it seems the only solution is to do the thing over again.
This is what it looks like.

The more low poly, the faster to change it’s geometry.

You could try using Dyntopo with the Constant Detail option to see if it helps… (increase the detail)

Ofc you would need to get rid of this bugged part first.

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to do, but it won’t go away no matter what. I tried using all the brushes, went back to edit mode to see if there are any vertices I could delete and I still haven’t found a way to get rid of it. I think I’m going to start the whole model over. Sucks, but I can’t think of anything else, nor have I found any help on the internet.

Of course, I have dyntopo on all the time because I wanted my model to be as smooth as possible.

Privacy & Terms