Bump on start

Rolling is not a problem, but on start the camera drops a short distance. I tried playing with the Z value for the Player Start Position and managed to reduce the bump but haven’t eliminated it.

Now I know its there is very irritating. :slight_smile:

Same problem here. Did u find a solution?

IIRC I locked the y axis. I don’t have the project around but it’s on my GitHub (for Mac). https://github.com/sarah-j-smith/UnrealEngineCourse

That way you wont be able to jump :frowning: I searched it up on the net many times now, but i dont seem to find a solution.

So our problem is basically the fact that our pawn is bouncing. Try jumping and it will bounce on the ground.
Really annoying :frowning:

I found the solution

Follow this link

It solved the problem for me.

thank you for finding that solution. I was at my wit’s end!! I had really tried a LOT of things to fix this problem, which caused very strange behavior, but this one fixes it for real.

I have disabled PCM and now it solves the bouncing, but in 4.16.3 I am unable to move at all.

I removed all constraints in the BP but it still won’t move. I spawn in off the ground which makes me fall when I spawn in, and during the fall I am able to move, but once I am on the ground (not bouncing) I am unable to move at all, not even jump. Re-enabling PCM gives me the ability to move, and I am assuming this is only possible during the periods of time when I am in the air during the bouncing.

So being on the ground stops me moving at all.

I have disabled PCM in 4.18.2 aswell, still it bounces. When I turn it PCM on, it still bounces.
The only solution I found was freezing the Z-axis, but then I start rolling again when i pick up an object (Weird thing is, I locked all rotation).

So for me I still can bounce…

Privacy & Terms