Bulls and Cows script, with extensive comments/documentation

There were a couple of things I did a bit differently, but I can’t remember all of what I did differently during this part of the course haha. I also like to comment/document thoroughly so I can use these as notes later and remember why I wrote something the way I did.

If anyone wants to take a look:

Note that a lot of the doc comments I formatted for use with JetBrains since I used PyCharm for Python and lot, and so I’m trying out their Rider build for Unreal Engine (which is really really awesome btw, especially the live coding/debugging), so if you view the tooltips in something like VSCode (ex: Hover over a method to see what it does), the formatting will look broken or strange since it’ll ignore html tags and things in the doc comments.

Any suggestions and code optimization would be really helpful. For example, I’m not sure if me initializing “list Seen;” every time I call “IsIsogram” is building up in memory or if it’s being cleaned out, or if that’s even an efficient approach or what. Maybe I should use TArray but I didn’t learn about that until after. Maybe I shouldn’t initialize it there at all, and recycle its space… Or maybe it is already reused? I don’t know how that works yet.

Thanks for checking it out.

1 Like

Very detailed. Great job
How are you enjoying the course?

1 Like

It’s really great so far, if not just a little bit slow starting out. This was more or less exactly what I needed, since I had experience in programming in Python but I wanted to learn C++ for the sake of using Unreal Engine, and this course so far is giving me exactly that. And on any parts like programming fundamentals (like variables, loops etc) that feel slow to me, I can push through those quickly just by using Udemy’s playback speed adjustment to make sure I don’t miss anything crucial but not need to take my time with it, so it’s all good.

Privacy & Terms