BullCowGame visual code issues

I have a problem with the code in the bull cow game, I changed the defines in the c_cpp_properties.json and I still get errors in the code in BullCowCartridge.cpp and BullCowCartirdge.h

I tried deleting and re-installing the bullcowgame.zip and extracting it to different paths on the computer and it didnt work.
I also tried to uninstall and install the C/C++ extension.
and i installed the C/C++ extension pack and C++ intellisense
I am on Unreal engine version 4.26.0
My visual studio version is 16.8.3
My visual studio code is 1.52.1
Im on windows 10 64 bit

When you opened up the c_cpp_properties.json were there any defines already listed, because I didn’t even have any defines and I am having a lot of errors like yours. I also thought the define problem was fixed for version 4.26.

No, the defines were not there, I added them when I watched lecture 43, I don’t know if the defines problem is fixed or not

Gotcha, I was really confused about that lecture cause in the video, there was a define but mine didn’t have one. I guess putting in the new define didn’t solve your problem?

Yea, putting the new define didn’t solve it, I also tried installing C++ IntelliSense and I also tried without the new define and It didn’t work, I tried searching for the error code in the first image but didn’t find anything useful , I also tried uninstalling and installing visual studio code but it didnt work

I think these errors are false errors because when I compile in unreal engine it complies successfully, and when I entered a code in visual studio code to clear the terminal upon pressing ENTER the terminal cleared, but whenever I write a code in visual studio code it appears as an error which is frustrating, but at least it is working fine in unreal engine

Oh really? Mine won’t even compile, and I just get a bunch of error messages in Unreal. I’m gonna try adding in the define and see if that will do anything, if not I probably will post a discussion.

Please see the instructions here regarding 4.26 IntelliSense

That is specifically for VS Code IntelliSense, it won’t affect compilation. Could you make a new thread with your compilation errors please?

This seem to be working fine, Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms