BullCowGame unable to Build

Hi,
I wan’t to do the BullCowGame Section. After Downloading and unziping the Folder I got the following Message:
The following modules are missing or build with a different engine version: BullCowGame — Would you like to rebuild them now? --> Yes

The the build is starts and aborts with the Message:
BullCowGame could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source mannualy

So I created the Visual Studion Project file BullCowGame.sln

after running the local Windows Debugger I got the following error message:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error		Unable to create child process	BullCowGame	D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC	1	

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	MSB3075	The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" BullCowGameEditor Win64 Development -Project="D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.	BullCowGame	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	44	

I use VS2017 and Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0.18362 Build 18362) for Mor Infos and the Log File se the attached Zip

I’m able to open compile an run other .uproject files.

I hope you can give me some advise. Thank’s a lot

SystemAndLog.zip (53.5 KB)

From Googling

Edit: FIXED! Reinstalling Visual Studio did not help, but here’s what I did: Delete the .vs and Intermediate folders in the project folder, right-click the project file and then “Generate Visual Studio files”. I’ll leave this thread up for any future Googlers who come across the issue, since I couldn’t find any results.

Hi DanM,
I’ve also found this post on google. But unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.

I still get the same errors as explained in my first post.

This is the Log of VS 2017:

1>------ Build started: Project: BullCowGame, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>Parsing headers for BullCowGameEditor
1>  Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame.uproject" "D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BullCowGameEditor\Development\BullCowGameEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
1>Reflection code generated for BullCowGameEditor in 11,3733906 seconds
1>Using Visual Studio 2017 14.16.27023 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023) and Windows 10.0.17763.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
1>Building 14 actions with 12 processes...
1>EXEC : [1/14] error : Unable to create child process
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" BullCowGameEditor Win64 Development -Project="D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
1>Done building project "BullCowGame.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Do you have further suggestions?

Thanks

It’s the path

D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 -- UE4 Bulls and Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\BullCowGame-starter-kit\

As that is rather long. Try it so that the uproject is in

D:\Unreal_Projects\Udemy Course\Section 3 BullCowGame\

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms