BullCowGame.exe is not recognized?

I do not know what to do?

I have serched these discussions from top to bottom and have seen people figure out how to fix my issue, yet when i try their fixes, it does not seem to work for me.
My first issue is i am unable to create a project in a Win32 console application, the option is just not there for me. only Windows Console app, Windows desktop app and Windows Desktop wizard.

Secondly, I followed the instructions perfectly, even went back 3-4 times through the last 4 episodes to make sure i did everything right, and when i start the debug, i get this error saying it does not recognize BullCowGame.exe. I have looked around and tried everything i can think of and still no effect.

Please! Please help me! i am pulling out my hair right now because i can’t find a solution! I have uploaded a picture to possibly help what i am talking about. If you need more information then just let me know… I feel at this point i am close to abandoning this course because i just can’t figure out why this is doing this :frowning:

Ok in VS goto File/New Project. You should see something like this:

When you select the Windows Console Application for now just click ok and see if it creates a new project.

If you end up with a empty project with the following lines of code:

// ConsoleApplication2.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.
//

#include “stdafx.h”

int main()
{
return 0;
}

then everything worked as intended.

You should now add #include AFTER #include “stdafx.h”

Then inside the int main() add (before the return 0;)

std::cout << “Hi.\n”;

Press Control-F5 to run the program. It should open a console window and print your text.

Privacy & Terms