BullCow Progress

So now I am in the real “meat” of the BullCow game- coding. I noted a few interesting differences, and this is my understanding of them. Correct me or elaborate for me what I will attempt to explain:

1. Main();- this function is gone. It is not because UE does not need it, but rather UE is the main function, the terminal point where all other programs meet to be slaughtered…I mean executed.

2. PrintLine("");- appears to have taken the place of our old friend std::cout <<""; I assume that it is rather the same old friend but in a different suit. What I mean is that the UE code library uses std::cout<<, but the UE library plopped it into some function or program that, to be simplistic, does this: PrintLine() = std::cout << “”. If this is the case, I assume that they did as such for clarity and self-documentation purposes.

I hope the Press enter line of code will be explained at some point. It will be interesting to know how and why it is set up the way it is.

Hey Zangk,

I’ve been tinkering with C++ for years but haven’t been committed to it, hence the reason I’m taking this course. It sounds as if you’ve nailed it and I agree with you. There might be some function overloading taking place in the PrintLine() function. I wouldn’t mind a better description of that function and others. It might be outside the scope of this course, however.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms