built unreal engine in 8 minutes

1 Like

Build timing as requested:
Intel i7 9700F 4.7 GHz
NVIDIA GTX 1650
16GB Memory
1 hour and 10 minutes build time

i7-9750H GeForce GTX 1650 (max-q)
~ 2 hours; I had to run make -j10 twice because for some reason it stopped the build after ~76 minutes, and I was left with no UE4Editor executable. So I just ran it again and another ~46 minutes later it was there.

Hi,

Just wanted to share that it took me 1.5 hrs to compile the code on my Bonobo WS Extreme 2013 with a 765m GPU and Eight cores.

Hope this helps anyone who wants to know and estimated timeline.

how can we download softwares for this course

started a make command at 2:25 AM
and processing

Is your problem solved? mine computer is also stuck here

I built from source using Lenovo h30-50 and Ubuntu 20.04 Focal OS… with three i5-4460 processors at 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM. ‘Setup’ took me 90 minutes, ‘.GenerateProjectFiles.sh’ about 5-10 minutes, and ‘make’ …after 1 hour I’ve got 400/3040 processes done so guessing it will take another 9 hours.

Build time was 18 minutes 45 seconds on i7-11700K 5.0 GHz - 8 Cores - 16 Threads on a NVMe drive. No issues on the building on Pop_OS! 21.10.

However, when I tried to run the UE4Editor as described, it just stopped progressing at 80% during initialization. I decided to switch to the latest release, 4.27.2 and build that. I was able to run UE4Editor to get to the project screen but as soon as I tried to create a project, and I tried several projects of different types including loading some downloaded from other classes, and they all stop progressing at 75%. The last output in the terminal is always: “LogEngine: Initializing Engine…” UE4Editor is using a little CPU but not much. Doesn’t progress even after leaving it for a while.

So I have been unable to get any project loaded and actually enter the editor. I don’t see any messages from others having this same problem. Any ideas?

UPDATE: This was resolved with a reboot (time will tell if this is a permanent solution). Unexpected solution on Linux and was not required going through a different class on Unity installation to get Unity working.

Privacy & Terms