Building Escape: includePath Error [SOLVED] : It was the source code editor!

I can’t figure out how to fix this includePath error. It states:

#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (C:\Users\Nayal\OneDrive\Documents\Unreal Projects\Building_Escape\Source\Building_Escape\WorldPosition.cpp).C/C++(1696)
cannot open source file “UObject/ObjectMacros.h” (dependency of “WorldPosition.h”)C/C++(1696)

Please see the lecture “4.25 VS Code Intellisense Bug” in the Bulls and Cows section, if using UE 4.25.

1 Like

I tried putting the debug code in the defines section of the json file–still nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled UE three times (4.22, 4.23, and 4.25)–still the same error. I believe the problem might be with my includePath, but I still have no idea what to do about it.

Do you get the errors in UE 4.23 and UE 4.22? These versions don’t have the bug. Try clicking File - Refresh VS Code Project in Unreal.

1 Like

I get the same error with all three versions of UE (even after uninstalling and reinstalling everything). Refresh code doesn’t work either. IntelliSense is also not working properly – no errors are being shown (such as a missing semi-colon), and
no code suggestions are given–autocomplete keeps bringing up suggestions from the list of defines in the json file.

I notice that you have a .sln solution file. What is the source code editor you have selected? I have a feeling that when you refreshed you refreshed the .sln instead of the code-workspace (this is dictated by what source code editor you have selected in Unreal)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms