Building Escape Final(ish)

Here’s my building escape (wasn’t sure how else to share properly). There are a few issues I think, but I’ve already spent a good amount of time, and kind of want to move on to the next project.

I had to add a crouch since I raised eye height so I could pick things up if I dropped them.

It could use a targeting reticle that changes colors when it overlaps an object you can move (I kept trying to pick up stuff in the lower half of the screen). I could implement it in the tick function of the grabber, but I figured that would be pretty costly - and I figured there was something I could do at a later point in the HUD.

Also I forgot to record sound apparently.

4 Likes

This is phenomenal work! How are you enjoying your experience with the Unreal course?

So far, it’s been really good, the pacing has been way better than a lot of other courses that I’ve tried to take. The built in pauses with challenges structure is really useful (with the way the instructor did it after) - I’ve been learning a lot better than the ones where you have to pause every 30 seconds to catch up with what the instructor has done - which essentially just amounts to copying and never really understanding the material. The first few lectures of Toon Tanks have been more that second way, so I’m worried about it, but I’m going to try to keep going!

Yeah that’s why I love GameDev.tv so much. The challenges and way they teach the courses is top notch and really makes you learn. I agree Toon Tanks is fast paced and is hard to grasp but Rob is doing everything to make the section the best section ever. I an promise you the Simple Shooter is exactly what you want if Toon Tanks is not up to your standards.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms