Build Failed/ Unhandled Dependency/Compiler Issues 5/13/2022

Hey, so every time I try building or compiling anything I get the following (or a very similar error) :

Running C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.exe -Target="ObstacleAssaultEditor Win64 Development -Project=""C:/Users/rlifs/Documents/Unreal Projects/ObstacleAssault/ObstacleAssault.uproject""" -LiveCoding -LiveCodingModules="C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCodingModules.txt" -LiveCodingManifest="C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/LiveCoding.json" -WaitMutex -LiveCodingLimit=100
  Log file: C:\Users\rlifs\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
  ERROR: Unhandled exception: Dependency file "C:\Users\rlifs\Documents\Unreal Projects\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ObstacleAssault\MovingPlatform.cpp.json" version ("1.2") is not supported version
Build failed.

This is also a link I found of people having a similar problem recently and was debating if I should follow the solution they found.

Gamedev.tv Community Problem Link

I tried to find solutions for this online and they seem like I may have to change some core things for the compiler (things Im not very comfortable with because I dont know much about it). Just wanted to know if the teachers have a good solution that I can use to help me complete the course without having to keep changing settings. I’ve already had to recreate the project twice and just want to make sure I am doing things correctly.

If someone has taken the course recently I would love to know how you did it.

Running:
UE5 (latest)
VS 2022 (latest)
VS Code (latest)

Hey hows it going. I am wondering if you found a solution to this error code? I am having a similar error when trying to package my archviz project

The error saying version 1.2 is unsupported? Please see here
Cannot build due to .json file version not supported - #5 by DanM

Privacy & Terms