Bugs and minor issues

I would assume that the rating is not that great because there are quite a lot of issues witht this plugin.
For example the fact that you don’t have a box to type in is not because of your virtual machine, I have the same issues and it was hard to tell where I was supposed to type my credentials.
After that, the login keeps failing and I can’t even “sign in with my browser” because it also keeps failing for some reason.
I used to be able to use this plugin but now I can’t even sign in ! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Did you figure it out?

Kinda worked by itself after a while. On creating a new project it worked, it’s also that you have invisible fields and buttons, that makes things quite tricky.
I had to retry multiple times for my old project and at one time it just finally worked.
So it seems a bit unstable and I guess that’s why the rating isn’t great !

2 Likes

I guess so. Sometimes ratings are trustworthy… sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve also had issues with the UI being completely broken.

This plus the negative reviews plus plus the fact that the plugin isn’t updated since June 2019 make me quite hesitant to use this in my projects. I’m not really need locking right now, but I like the idea of it. If there is an update in the future I will take another look at it and will use sourcetree + github in the meantime.

I had the same problem and I’m using Unity version 2020.3.12f1. Like Paula mentions, the fact that the last version is from 2019 and their GitHub repository has like 169 unsolved issues as of this message is a good reason for the low rating.

I cloned the Argon Assault repo from Ben’s GitHub and created my own remote to experiment with pushes. With this plug-in in that project I couldn’t sign in, then I signed in through the browser (using Vivaldi), gave necessary permissions and it gave an error at first, but then it seemed to work and log in after a few minutes of me doing nothing. IT seemed to have been working behind the scenes even though it gave me an error message. Clicked “log in through browser” several times too.

After that it seemed to work, albeit you need to go to settings first and click on “Locate git” so the plug in actually syncs to your local git (it also did take a while in my case) and also you need to manually add the remote link for the pushes to work.

After this I’ve been messing a bit with commits and pushes and it seems to work fine. Seems a bit buggy and unstable, though. I need further testing to be sure if this will be something I would be using instead of source tree.

EDIT: it seems that even though the plug-in allows branch creation, it doesn’t give an option to merge the branches to master, or at least I didn’t find a way to do it, having to do it through sourcetree.

Couldn’t get it to sign in. Based on other people’s comments I’ll likely abandon it after this course. Did the commit but just used SourceTree to do the push. I guess in that sense it’s still somewhat valuable. Glad I have the knowledge at least.

2 Likes

The same issues, yes.

Privacy & Terms