Bug Defender!

Here’s my game, Bug Defender! At the moment it’s just an endless shooter where you try to get the highest score. I had some other ideas of things I’d like to do but I got a little fed up with it and decided just to try and polish the class project as best I could with some art, sound and animations.

6 Likes

Great game, loved the art.

1 Like

Its really awesome that its all your own assets, got a really nice bright style, I liked the different enemy projectile types and the player character looks interesting.

One thing I noticed was that the player character wasn’t clamped to the play space,was this intentional?

Good job!

1 Like

Thanks! I had a lot of fun making everything that went into it and I’m glad you liked it.

For the player clamping, I’m assuming you mean how you can go halfway off the screen? I clamped it there on purpose because I thought since you’re firing from the middle of your character and the wings are longer it would be frustrating to the player if they couldn’t shoot at the edge of the screen, so I made sure the middle of your character could reach ever part of the play space.

Those animations really make it pop imo. Overall a fun little experience.
In full screen mode the 2 buttons on the home screen did not appear so might be a issue with the ui not scaling right.

Thanks, and good catch! I probably didn’t anchor those buttons correctly, and I forgot to test it in fullscreen mode.

So cool ! music works well and visually looks excellent. Nice game well done.

Privacy & Terms