Budget for the game

Hey there,
how many USD could be budget for game like a Assassin’s creed? In budget is sounds, music, graphics, programming, etc. If I don’t need professionals, but i need just good people with mood to do this nice?

Thanks for answers.

Assassin’s Creed had a budget of $125 million. You could probably do something for less, but you would probably be lacking in something. Granted, half of it was probably marketing, and legal and other stuff, so maybe you could do it for $40 million or so.

My suggestion is to come up with a better scope of a game, and then try to price it out. Shrink either in scope, or graphic quality, or something.

You also might be interested in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypZZTIOR__Q

1 Like

Thank you for response. I want to make a game, but this game i can’t do alone. It’s impossible.
But where I can get money? I’m living in Czech Republic and there is not many ways to earn this value of money. And another thing is I’m only 15 years old.

Nobodies first game or even the first dozen are going to be anything like Assassins Creed. Ubisoft Montreal was the developer of the the first game and that was only after a long history of making games and proving themselves as a studio. Laura’s Happy Adventure was their first published game.

To get the kind of money needed for Assassins Creed you need to show that you’re capable of developing a game that costs that and won’t just poorly invest the money and end up with a product that can’t even break even let alone get a return of investment for the publisher.

To do that you have to have games you’ve already made that you can show were commercially successful. Take Super Meat Boy for instance, it’s nowhere near as big or as expensive as Assassins Creed but it cost a lot to make, It started life as a free flash game on Newsgrounds(or somewhere similar). It was successful so the team were then commissioned for an xbox arcade game and from there they developed it into different platforms and have millions of sales.

Even with that they would still have a lot to prove if they wanted to secure $40M that Ben mentioned let alone the full $125M.

1 Like

The biggest advice I’ve seen for almost everyone starting out, think smaller. You are only 15 right now, you have a long time to go. Work on your own smaller games for a while. Figure out what part of it you most enjoy. You’ll have the skills to make funner games on your own, and will have a better idea of what is realistic. You might even make some money in the process.

Thanks. And how i can know: Now is good time to make big game?

It will become a natural progression. But generally speaking, to learn things you will learn more from doing more small projects then you will from one large project, and now learning is the important thing for you.

I would say that when you get to the point that you know how you could fund such a project, and have tested out some of the key ideas, then you could consider a larger project. Especially if you already have a few smaller games that are making money. But otherwise, you either want to make small games or make a small game incrementally larger with time.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms