BSP Usage

Hello,

A quick question around BSP’s to make sure I’m understanding correctly.
Am I right in assuming that it’s best practise to design the room itself using the BSP’s and once this is done in a program like Blender re-creating that room and importing that new mesh into Unreal?
Also what wouldn’t you do this with? (aside from the background gubbins that were mentioned). I assume terrains like we created for the BullCowGame would be left as is, and then anything on top of that should be created in blender etc?

You can convert the BSP to a static mesh in Unreal once your done altering it. It may not be as optimal as hand making it in a 3D modelling program but it should be decent enough for most cases.

But this makes the texturing more difficult no? Or could you export that mesh into blender, UV map it and bring it back in?
Also whats the best practise for interiors, or for example a dungeon instance? Would that be created from standard geometry or BSPs/Models?

You can apply materials to faces whilst it’s BSP.

If you’re experienced with Blender or other 3D modelling software just use that.

Ok great, thanks for the information :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms