Broken animation

My clone lizards don’t animate properly When the state changes between walking and attacking the jumping animation plays even though its set as per the video course. If I drag one prefab on to the scene, it animates correctly. It must be a unity bug. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

David

Hi Dizzy,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please click on the transition arrow between the animation states in the Animator. Make sure the Transition Duration is set to 0.

Did this fix it? If not, please share more information on what you did/have in your project.

Please see the attached video, the behaviour changes if i highlight a clone and the toggle the bool.

I noticed a transition time from idle to walk so have set that to zero now but the issue still remains.

Thanks

David

I’ve realised I have to give the jump to walk animation a very small transition time and it seems to work now, I don’t understand how that transition affects the walk to attack transitions though?

I do not know what exactly happens but in 2D animations, we do not get the desired behaviour if Exit Time and Transition Duration are not set to 0.

That is strange, when I set it to zero it breaks the animation so I set it to 0.001 and it was OK. I won’t worry about it for now as it looks OK now when I run the game.

Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms