Bridge Destruction using Fracture not working at all

In this lecture (https://www.gamedev.tv/courses/unreal-action-adventure/lectures/48862113), I’ve copied it, no kidding, at least 20 times now, and done so exactly the same and the same issues are happening. I’ve spend the best part of 2 weeks on this and it’s really getting me down.

I have 2 pieces of a bridge, I’ve tried it in ways that the bridges touch, don’t touch, only touch one side of the chasm, I’ve tried every single fracture type, I’ve tried dozens and dozens of different explode amounts. I’ve tried it with the anchor and without the anchor, I’ve tried having the anchor one one piece of the bridge, both and vice versa I’ve set up the blueprints with the triggers, everything should work as intended, all other triggers have worked completely fine. I’ve tried using the Masterfield and the previously made Masterfield. I’ve tried absolutely everything. This one section has crashed the project, many, many times over.

And it just won’t work.

1. The fracture type explodes, just explodes, doesn’t fall like in the video. Every time, no matter what I change.

2. The fracture happens as soon as I press play, regardless of whether I have an anchor field, or Masterfield on the bridge, regardless of the trigger.

Can provide any Screenshots or make a video if needed. Thanks for any help because I’m about to throw a massive amount of work away.

EDIT: Tried again and everything was going great and set up the BP for the bridge and no matter what I do the bridge break on play, obviously I don’t want the bridge breaking as soon as I start the game. (Side note: I have no idea why my transforms are absolutely borked, any way to get things to rotate and resize normally?)

Link to YT of what is happening: https://youtu.be/JhjshwzGKTM

Screenshot of the blueprint on the destructible part of the bridge (exactly the same as the lecture, fracture is exactly the same as the lecture):

I think you’re rotation/scale issue is because you’re using world and not local (or the other way around)

If you place your bridge in an area where it is not potentially coming into contact with other objects, what happens?

1 Like

Managed to get it working now. Seems it colliding with, well anything was making it go crazy. I’ve found a crude way of using the anchor field to keep it suspended. It’s not perfect but it’ll do. I’m happy enough to move on, thanks for the help!

Privacy & Terms