Brick Breaker - Porting to Mobile

Hey guys,

I am currently working on the Brick Breaker section of the course and I am almost completed with it. I thought I could gain a little more experience by making a port of this to mobile. The art assets and sound will be mine/original when I go to Google Play Store, along with all the extra/different feature I will add along the way. (Example; making a horde/endless mode)

My question for you guys is this! I am working on porting it to mobile, but I am having a heck of a time with screen resolution/aspect ratios. I have the game working fine on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro, Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro, and my Google Pixel (the first one). However, the aspect ratio is not working for my current phone Samsung Galaxy A10e. I’ll provide some screenshots!

Any help as to what I am doing wrong or overlooking would be great! Even if you have some tutorials or pointing in the general direction would be great as well. I looked for literal hours every other day to find out what I am missing and I am not finding anything concrete in my search. Thanks guys!

Google Pixel|281x500

Hi,

You are not doing anything wrong. Our game was designed for an aspect ratio of 9:16. The Samsung Galaxy A10e probably has got a different aspect ratio. Duplicate your project folder for testing purposes, open the duplicated project in Unity and design your game for the aspect ratio or resolution of the Samsung Galaxy A10e.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice in our official Discord chat.

Hey Nina,

Thanks for the quick response. By chance do you know how to find the aspect ratio on a phone? I have been looking and I have not found anything helpful that would show me what my aspect ratio would be.

Thanks!

Do you know the resolution? If so, do the maths. Or use a calculator. :wink:

If you do not know the resolution, take a screenshot on your smartphone and check the resolution of the image.

…OMG :no_mouth: I looked for hours and all I had to was a screenshot…honestly if I could I would hug you through the computer! Thank you so much!

I looked forever! There was no resolution section anywhere on my phones, despite what I was watching on YouTube! And it was really bugging me that it was only this phone that was not right and the other three worked perfectly normal!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms