BP_Projectile pushing BP_PlayerPawn

Hi guys

I’ve noticed that the BP_Projectile sometimes pushes the BP_PlayerPawn instead of destroying itself.
If I keep rolling around and going into the line of fire of the cannon, I can get it to push me every so often.

Do you know what could be causing this?

1 Like

Does the projectile get destroyed?

Hi @Aryan_Kumar no the projectile does not get destroyed. It’s so weird because it happens maybe 1 in 20 times.

I just opened up my Crystal Cavern and played it a few times. I also seem to be experiencing this.
@Tuomo_T?

@Aryan_Kumar Ah thanks Aryan, glad it’s not just me haha :). And I’m sure I followed all the same collision settings up to the end of this lesson. Let’s see what @Tuomo_T says too.

This is happening because the collision profile on the projectile is set to block the player, rather than overlap (BlockAll vs OverlapAll).

Note, when you change this, you’ll need to use BeginOverlap events instead of OnHit

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Tuomo_T that fixed it :)! Thanks @Aryan_Kumar too!

I’m still learning all the ins and outs of the collision system - so is BlockAll rather used if actors should react to eachother and not get destroyed?
Would some type of custom collision layer need to be set for the projectile - wall relationship so the projectile still gets destroyed when hitting a wall?

I think that BlockAll is used so that the actor blocks every other actor.

You can use the Begin Overlap event to call Destroy Actor function. The result would be the same.

Thank you for the help :)!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms