Bowling with Suzanna

The animation bit was a ton of fun - I enjoyed putting together that small video.
I think over time I might add to this scene. I’d love to add shoes behind the front counter and a concessions stand. A shot outside of the bowling ally would be nice.

I wished I used a different blue texture for the walls and ceiling than the one I used on the wooden floors as I find it too shiny and distracting. But That initial render of the animation in cycles - at default settings - took over 5 hours to render. I have since lowered the settings to reduce the render times but I decided not to re-render that initial shot. I’m time commited lol.

I also found that the gutters are slightly too narrow even though I modeled around the shape of the bowling ball. I should’ve given it more room as I wanted a gutter ball shot. I’ll have to come back and rework those in the future.

Another issue I had is with the ball return animation. Animating the bowling balls rotation along a single axis was a real pain and I didn’t quite get there. Letting the ball to use the scenes gravity to make it down the return track didn’t give me the desired speed I remember seeing at my local ally. So I had to animate it. I’ll have to dig into animation deeper at a later date but I think it plays well enough in the video.

Overall I’m glad I spent a little extra time setting this up.

10 Likes

that is phenominal

2 Likes

Very nice indeed!

Poor Suzanne will get very dizzy. :rofl:
You have developed this into a whole alley and the returning ball mechanism is a great addition. Certainly, something you can come back to and adjust, do more after you have gone through more of the course.

2 Likes

Dude,Its AWESOME!!. Awesome job.LOVE it.Great lighting.Nice shiny alley.Great animation.Great work on the bowling ball.Overall, Marvelous job. :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy: :joy: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms