Bowling Scene with Array Modifier

I used an Array Modifier (which I then applied) to create my 10 bowling pins, rather than duplicating the pin 10 times. I then applied the modifier and was able to easily position the pins the way I wanted by going into edit mode and moving them around from the top view… However, I was wondering if this will be a problem in creating the smash scene, because I’m seeing that you duplicated your pins as separate objects rather than using the modifier, which makes it easier to individually move and position them…

Edit: After doing a tiny bit of research, I used the tool to Separate By Loose Parts, which instantly made each pin a separate mesh — so now I basically have the same geometry (I think) as if I had duplicated them all. Still not sure if this was the right way to do it though?

2 Likes

All the pins are the same. It’s better then to use linked duplicates, which uses less memory.
But there is no wrong or right in Blender.
Only efficiency! Which you will learn after a lot of different projects.

2 Likes

Seems you are always just 1 hour ahead of me @FedPete lol

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t want to do your job.
But I’m working from home, during corona time (I have a IT job).
Projects are slow at this moment, so I’ve time to read and responds more on this forum.
If you have a problem with it, write me a personal note.

1 Like

No no not at all, Wow that came across wrong! It was a joke on meaning you are faster than i am :wink:

I am appreciative of everything you do to help out and pleased that you are finding something to keep your mind occupied whilst this lock down in place.

Please keep doing what you do as often between yourself, NP5 and me were are supporting the students here greatly.

Hope that you and your family are safe and well in this time. (not sure why this didnt flag me!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms