Bowling scene and some questions but sadly no physics

Here are the two versions:
(course went “now render, now a next bit to improve, now render, another bit” and so on, hence the naming)
Cycles

Eevee

One thing i like about cycles is that it is very easy to work with mesh lights (emission material on mesh object), which are much closer to real diffuse studio lighting.
I tried to make the mesh lights (long ceiling lights) work in eevee too by adding an irradiance light probe and then baking indirect lighting. That way they work, but i couldn’t get their reflection in the ball. Anyone knows anything about that?

Also if you look at the eevee render you can see that the edge of my black box is grey, i have no idea why. Can anyone help me here? Normals are in the correct direction and there is no space (was just a cube). You can’t see that here but it does not do it with the bottom edge.

1 Like

Basically in Eevee, everything is turned off, to get fast results. Also reflections. Did you turn that option on?

There is a problem in Eevee, where lights are bleeding through objects. The grey lines, can be your background world lighting. ?

Eevee is used for gaming, not mathematical correct lighting / shadow etc.
To accomplish it in Eevee, toy need to tweak more in Eevee parameters.

1 Like

Yes, everything else gets reflected. Pins, Ground, Point lights, but not the emission meshes…

Maybe, they appear when turning on the point lights. Definitely some bleeding.

Found this video, about Eevee light bleed.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Making it thicker (with for example solidify as in the video) did indeed resolve the thin light bleed.

Privacy & Terms