Bowling Pin Challenge: Funky Green Pin

This is the material view of my super shiny pin :slight_smile:
I love the scene reflections! Wish there was some way of getting that level of reflection into my renders!

4 Likes

Yes, there is!

1 Like

@FedPete awesome!

So… I did a tutorial on making stuff fluffy. It was awesome!

Now… these were just with spheres and I got really excited and wanted to make my pin fluffy… and then the problems began!

I wondered if it was because of this - when I put the pin on normals View - it wasn’t just blue, it was red green and yellow too! What does this mean?!

I think the fur grew inside my model rather than on the outside cries

1 Like

Check your face normals!
They need to point outwards.

In edit mode press ‘a’ for all.
Then shift n.

The position of something is expressed by using ‘x’, ‘y’ and ‘z’.
This goes also for directions (Vectors). These three number can be visualized by a basic color (red, green, blue). The combination of these give different colors, meaning different vector.

If you create the pin using lathe and it goes to wrong way around,then your face point the wrong direction. In 3D a face is only visible from one side. Blender still shows this wrong side. But every thing dependent of it, goes wrong.

I hope this will help!

2 Likes

@FedPete So here’s the thing - the multi colours of the normals view you can see here - they didn’t change to all blue when I did A, shift-N. They stayed blue red yellow and green.

But the normal must have changed somewhere in the program because I ended up being able to put fur onto my bowling pin :grin: :grin: :grin:

And I LOVE IT!

As I tols your a face has a normal. That side only is visible.
But Blender does show it. That’s why the color are always there. A combination of blue, green, red.
But a bit different on the backside (Negative blue, green, red).

Apply more subdivisions, because hair grow on faces. How smaller the face the smoother the hair layout.
Set also animation settings from 1 … 250 (default). To 1…1, so all hairs hairs are visible at frame 1.

Privacy & Terms