Bowling - just managed to get a strike

Hey crew, this was a tricky one. I had all sorts of minor troubleshooting things I needed to do. Some of my pins fell over right away (they weren’t sitting on the ground it turns out) and some went flying towards the bowling ball for no obvious (to me) reason. I also messed up the actual animation bit countless times (ok, maybe like 6 or 8) where I had issues setting, deleting and resetting my keyframes. Anyway, this is how we learn I suppose.

After I made this I saw another student had animated the camera to follow the ball, which I thought was really cool, so I did that too.

7 Likes

Looks phenomenal! :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Looks good.

Seems you had difficulties but overcame them, and learnt from them, which is all better.

2 Likes

Very nice xxx jess

1 Like

I like the first video. The second one is to fast.
And yes, the bowling animation is a bit harder to do.
But you have seen and learned most animation aspects.
It will be useful in the Lamp challenge.
Practise a lot!

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree the second one is too fast, I was working on the original timeline, I assume (but haven’t checked) that I could probably move the keyframes around on the strike to extend the length of the video and give people more time to process what is happening.

2 Likes

Blender physics can be a bit unpredictable sometimes, but you made it look really nice in the end. Sweeet

1 Like

Privacy & Terms