Bowling Evee Shadows

Right now I feel like I’ll spend more time figuring out how to make Evee look good than I would just waiting for a cycles render to finish hehe. I did give it a try though. I’m using an area light on top of the pins for a bit of realism in terms of where the lights would be in the real world.

I actually ended up referencing my cycles render to see what the shadows should look like since it was a bit difficult to judge with some pins hovering slightly above the surface.

Evee:

Cycles:

Still not really happy with the Evee render but I felt like I was just going in circles trying to get the shadows to look right. I also tried tweaking the settings to remove the effect where it looks like there’s multiple shadows coming out from the object. Didn’t really get anywhere with that. Still slightly visible in the render but more apparent in the scene view:

My feeling right now is I probably won’t use Evee outside of just getting a feel for what the scene would look like with lighting and shadows. Meaning I probably won’t care much about tweaking it.

3 Likes

This last photos shows so much. Such a simple pin falling but you depict it very well.

Privacy & Terms