Bowling ball smash scene

I find that getting the pins falling over to look realistic is challenging, it is hard to replicate how pins would naturally fall, well I found it difficult anyway. Here’s my scene. Oh and if I forgot to mention before, I have been rendering all my work with cycles, I just prefer it.

4 Likes

Looking good!

As with all things Blender realted there are many approaches to make it more natural that you can take. The three that come to my mind are:

• My rule of thumb if I’m unsure how it would look like in real life is to search for references and replicate that.
  • Physics also can be simulated in Blender (but IIRC the course at this stage don’t get into it, but if you are interested in it Default Cube has a nice tutorial on this).
  • You could take it to some game engine and simulate there (I actually did this and it looked nice in unreal).

And I also like cycles more - being full path tracing will give more realistic lighting. The cost is render time. Which is not a problem for simpler scenes, but it can get very cumbersome with more complex ones.

1 Like

Nice Bowling Ball and Floor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms