Bowling Ball keeps putting brakes on

when animating my bowling ball at frame 10 after turning off animations the ball abruptly stops. I am using blender 2.9 btw any advice would help because there are some differences from the video explaining like the yellow keyframe squares on the playback. there is only 1 square when i add keyframe with Loc,Rot,and Scal.

2 Likes

All properties can be animated. Which gives a long list of property names: ‘loc.X’, ‘Loc.Y’, Rot,X’, ‘Rot.Y’ … etc.

Blender will group them but also place a marker (diamond - square) on the timeline to tell you, something has been keyed. Then you can zoom in showing more and more affected properties (dots) … showing the long list.

If you see only a single square there isn’t much animation going on, You set only a starting position in one of the frames.

Check the animation range. Is it set from 1 to 10. After ten it goes back to one. And with one key frame set, nothing will happen

BUT! To understand your problem correctly, provide a screen dump.

2 Likes

I think you are having this screen, which you are talking about.

I have marked a point in Red at the left hand side of the screen. Click to Expand that and you will see this screen

Now Expand the Summary and you will get the detail panel

Hope this solves your present problem.

Please provide screen dumps like this from now onwards as @FedPete has suggested. It helps understanding the problem.

To capture the whole screen in Blender go to Windows > Save Screen Shot.

1 Like

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

This should answer one part of youtr question.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms