Bowling Annimation

My first attempt…

Blender 3.0 does crash regularly when rendering video so worth reinforcing the save first message. I still need to improve my shadows…

4 Likes

Welcome to this site.

Very nice animation. The eventual fall of the last one.

Only make animations by rendering out to png images, do not try to render straight to video.

1 Like

Thanks!
Another quirk I found is I moved the ball in the first 15 frames, but since I don’t have any visible changes in my camera shot until frame 30 I tried rendering frame 30 onwards. This failed because Blender ignored the physics established in the early frames and hence there was no animation in the output, just a static scene. Is this a ‘known’ behaviour?

Tim.

1 Like

Should render the position or each frame regardless, but might need the animation to have been run and possibly baked/recorded to refer to. @FedPete would probably know.

Yes, it is how physics work. The Blender world starts at frame one. From that moment, something falls down, because of physics (gravity). Building up speed and momentum to frame 30 events …

As @NP5 mentioned, you need to bake the animation, so all step 1 through 250 (or other) are calculated. Then it is possible to jump to a specific frame.

You can render a quick scene, using smaller frame sizes (20%), use eevee or workbench mode (but eevee is newer). This way you can see earlier mistakes.

1 Like

Thanks - makes sense. I’ve not got to Blender baking yet, but now I have a sense of what it is I’ll check it out! Meanwhile back to making my chess set…

1 Like

Privacy & Terms