Bowling Animation

Alright, so this is the animation I ended up with. I’m sure I’ll return to this project in the future. Maybe animate a ball coming out of the ball machine and the strike image coming up on the tv only after the ball hits the pins. But I’m happy with this for now. Time to move on to section 4! Wohoo!

4 Likes

A very good animation, with sound too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great animation and sound is very helpful, just a minor point the sound hits the pins before the ball does!

1 Like

Thankss! Yes, I was inspired to add sound by my fellow learners. I’m very happy this discussion forum exists :smiley:

1 Like

Haha I was hoping no one would notice. I’ll fix that at some point :laughing:

2 Likes

:+1: for the sound.
As @NP5 wrote above, the sound arrives before the picture.
What’s your process ?
Where did you get the samples ?
Did you use Blender’s sound engine or did you add a separately mixed sound track ?

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

My process was that I rendered my animation with Cycles in file format FFmpeg. Then I already had Adobe Elements installed on my computer so I decided to add sound with that. However, I realized that I couldn’t use MKV video files there. So I converted it to MP4 with VLC. Then I downloaded and extracted the audio from a YouTube video with 4k Video Downloader. Then I put it all together in Elements. But I failed a bit with the audio obviously. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I haven’t learned about Blender’s sounds engine yet, but that would probably be easier I guess. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But I think this one is on point! Correct me if I’m wrong. I really appreciate the feedback!

4 Likes

Nicely fixed. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

That should be nice and feasible too. A hit in slow motion on the big wall …

1 Like

Ahh yes that would be fantastic. I’ll have to try that later

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms