Bowling Alley Animation

After finishing the course I added the gutters, backdrop and lane ‘box’. I quite like how it turned out. My pins were quite decent, I paid a lot of attention to making sure it had a flat bottom when creating the curves which meant It didn’t need any corrections.

I did have some issues with the physics though. When I tried different shapes and noticed there was always some added space at the bottom even after resetting the origin. I ended up using a box and had a similar issues with the gutters registering too high. I will probably look more closely into the physics in the future, because I already fiddled for quite some time to get the current result.

Screenshot in Cycles:

My video rendered in Eevee

2 Likes

It’s normal Blender configuration. A vertex (or multiple) can not share the same spot (coordinates) with other objects in physics mode. They can not share the same space, hence the gap. Which is configurable.

A trick is to have a physical floor. To do the physics on. And above that an additional texture floor. which closes the gap.

I understand that concept, it makes a lot of sense. I just found it odd that my bowling ball didn’t need adjusting and was barely floating and my pins were floating almost 5 cm when using the convex hull. They were floating like superconductors :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms