Boot and buckle on strap

I am getting a lot out of these lectures. Here is my boot after doing some Vertex and edge slides and adjusting the shape of the boot. The only thing that bothers me (and I asked about it earlier in the series of lectures) is the origin for the strap i out at the toe of the boot. I really would like to know if that is a problem and maybe I should start the whole thing over again if it is. I don’t want to get too far along and then have to re-do it because of the origin problem. I have tried setting the Origin to the Geometry but the strap gets all funky.

If anyone can help explain this or if after I apply the mirror I can then set the origin, please let me know.

1 Like

I have the same issue, I’ll look in to it, and if I find anything I’ll post the findings here!

Cheers!

Great!

Here’s what I found:
When you detach the surface from the component, it creates a new object with all the properties form the original model, so in this case, my strap and the buckle came with the properties and origins from the boot object, if you have mirror modifiers on it that use the origin point, it can be troublesome to change it.
So, to mitigate that I created some empties to replace the origin point and keep the mirroring with a good behavior!
It’s something that you should look when you detach the component, later can be very hard to keep track on it!

Cheers!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms