Book your exam using your unity ID

Hi all,

I already shared my experience here, but I wanted to add this as it’s own thread so people will definitely see it. When you book your certification exam, you must book it using the email adress associated with the unity ID you want certified. The unity documentation says this, but as the sales are done through third parties this may not always be the case - I just went back through all the docos from when I got mine, and the agent here didn’t mention that. They say name on certificate must match of course, but not the email address, which is how unity matches your results to a profile (and creates one if there isn’t one).

Fortunately I wasn’t affected, but 3 or 4 people were at my exam - their secretaries bought the cert, they used a personal email when they wanted the company… or vice versa. We were delayed by about 20 mins while that was sorted out.

We were told by the people from Unity at the exam that if you take your exam with the wrong email, it can’t be moved to a different unity profile later, so double check that email :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @_JJ. I think many of us could have missed that.

Thank you so much! You likely saved a lot of people some trouble!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms