Bone Shapes Same Colour

What version of blender is the turorial on ? I got 2 versions but can not get variety of colours automatically on my bone shapes. All same colour blue on blender 3.6.8 and 4.0.2 you have to change all the colours yourself which is a bit of a pain.

Might just put up with the same colour.

Ah it’s blender 3.6.2

1 Like

Self solved well done. It is a newish feature.

1 Like

Actually i think it’s because i’m using a Mac. Shapes still all come up blue in 3.6.2

Also Rig Layers has been simplified on Mac which isn’t good.

1 Like

In 4.0 You can select multiple bones and then assign the bone color to all. Selected. I don’t remember if you have to hold alt down when you change the bone color or not.

In previous versions, you assigned the bones to bone groups and then select the color for the bone group. This is the same regardless of OS.

The colors themselves can be changed under themes section of the preferences editor.

Yeh i managed to do that just wondering why i didn’t get this function to come up automatically.

I only thought it may be OS as i checked it with same version of blender

1 Like

Why am i only getting 2 blank boxes and Root under Rig Layers ?

1 Like

Looks like you opened it in 4.0 when it was created in a previous versions. Select the meta rig and regenerate

2 Likes

You are right about previous versions well spotted. However regenerate didn’t work.

1 Like

Might just have to start again and just stick to the same version this time. Bit of a setback but happens.

1 Like

Well you could just update the script manually. You will have several lines towards the end that read

row.prop(context.active_object.data, ‘layers’, index=7, toggle=True, text=‘Arm.L (IK)’)

Just add after data “.collections[##]” without the quotes and replace the ## with the number after the equal sign of index so index=7 would be 7. Then change layers to is_visible.

row.prop(context.active_object.data.collections[7], ‘is_visible’, index=7, toggle=True, text=‘Arm.L (IK)’)

Of course you would need to do that for each button which is around 20 but they are all in the same area at the end of the script.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms