Bolean modifier, Parent and children and Introduction To Empties challenges

It’s been a while since I posted my progress, but it’s been hard for me to find some time to do the course. Hopefully, I can complete more lessons in the next few days.

I hope that you don’t mind that I don’t have a lot of comments regarding the lessons, because I’m bit tired right now. :sweat_smile:

But, I wanted to add that I struggled a bit with the “Introduction To Empties”, due to not totally understanding the purpose of the empty object and where should I put in the chess board. Probably need to study a bit more on this subject to fully understand it.

“Bolean modifier”:

~

“Parent and children”:

“Introduction To Empties”:

2 Likes

Good that you are getting some time again to progress your chess set. All looking good progress.

Empties are odd things until you get used to them, but very useful. Even the name is off puttingly odd.

They are more like a tool than an object. You can think of them as an anchor in 3D space. With the great benefit of being invisible in renders. They can be a parenting point as in the chess set, so you can pick up and move all its children if you need to. The other big use of them is as an anchor in space to do things like rotate around. Particularly where you have no object that is part of your scene that can be used for the purpose.

2 Likes

Thank you. :grinning:

And also thank you for your explanation, I feel that I understand it better now after reading it. I was struggling to understand empties and how it should be used in Blender even after re-watching the lesson. Probably, I should practice and play more with empties to get used to it.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms