Bobby Bogan's Bayou - Tower Defence Game Prototype

Try out my tower defence game and let me know what you think.

Had a few problems building a webGL game if anyone has the answers or had the same experience let me know please:

1. The lighting and shadow doesn’t seem to be in build even thou I generated lighting.
  2. Collider detection doesn’t seem the same as playing the game in Unity Engine So had to tweak some of the mechanics to balance it again still not how I wanted but was taking to long due to having to rebuild to see if tweaks work.
  3. Health bar wouldn’t stay where I wanted even thou it did in Unity Engine. (Made sure it was anchored to top left of screen and that it scaled with screen size).

I did not like your game.

The art is pretty cool, but the controls, no, that’s a no, sorry, your game puts such a high barrier right from the start, I have to memorize way too much stuff to play your game, I have to memorize what 6 buttons combinations do and not just that but also the cost of each tower because there’s no visual feedback at all I had literally no clue as to when I could build a new tower.

If you are still working on this I highly suggest changing the control scheme and adding visual feedback because as it is very few people are going to play your game.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feed back. Completely agree with you on the controls, trying to work out what would be a better way of selecting different towers. Also I did have the tower cost in the bottom left corner but clearly that isn’t visible enough so I am going to move it to tile you want to add tower.

I am currently changing the game quite a lot after the pathfinding was added. Hoping to have it mostly finished in a couple weeks. Will let you know when finished if you want to give the update a go?

1 Like

I have the same comment as Yee, I tried to play your game but couldn’t. It looks good though.

1 Like

But of course, I’ll definitely play your game again, I think it has potential, just tag me and I’ll be sure to check it out.

An action bar could work for your game, you can have a bottom bar that shows each tower, what they do, and the cost. You could add tooltips so you don’t end up with a huge UI bar, something similar to Plant vs Zombies.

That’s a good idea was thinking about a drag and drop UI bar for the towers but seems like a lot to add ATM but still will consider doing it later. What I was thinking about doing now is changing the stabbing tower to one that spins a ball a chain instead so then players only have to remember 3 buttons instead of 6 as you won’t have to select direction.

Also going to bring certain enemies out on different waves and only allow the player to use the tower that best defends that enemy. Hopefully this might help players link the towers to the enemies.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms