Block Breaker Theme (Blocky Hamster Snack)

This took me some time to think in which theme I would inspire to do this game and then I saw my hamster running around the cage collecting the food, so I thought it would be a good idea to do a game with that theme :joy:

Title: Blocky Hamster Snack
Experience: Spending Time/Relaxing
Theme : Hamster
Core Mechanic: Breaking Block and Collecting Food (Collecting Points)

Core game loop: The player should break as many blocks as possible to get food for the hamster before the hamster head touches the bottom of the screen. The more points/food you have, the better will be the score at the end. But there will be a minimum of points to pass the level.

2 Likes

This sounds really fun, just be sure to add some sort of control to the ball so the movement of the ball doesn’t feel random which in return will make your game feel unfair, “How can I break blocks if I have no control over where the ball goes?” I can see people saying that.

1 Like

My idea is that the player has to control the ball with the moving platform and break as many blocks as he can, if the ball touches the lower part of the screen without breaking all the blocks, it’s not game over, it only will tell the score that he made and then tell if he scored enough points to pass to the next level or not.

I quite like this, it looks really really interesting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms