Block Breaker: Quick (Sharing my game)

Updated: Block Breaker: Quick

Bugs like the ball getting quicker with each bounce, losing speed when ball hits between two blocks sometimes, and vertical loop.

Hello everyone, I’m proud to present my finished product of Section 5: Block Breaker : Block Breaker: Quick! The game has 10 Levels in total, all themed with Hiroshi Nagai’s relaxing paintings (btw everything belongs to the rightful owner). Block Breaker is a bit of a challenge for me, I really want to test my capability as for someone with no background with coding but although that’s the case it was fun. I was proud of myself because I tried to add some features like the Lives system and the special block that gives you a 1Up, and I did it all in my own by solving with logic and using what I’ve learned so far from the course, with bug squashing on the side :joy:. I call that improvement, I guess? And also I added new sprites, UI, a trail effect for the ball for it to look cool and a title (although I’m really bad at Photoshop). I had a lot of problems finishing this but I managed to push through and solve them. I hope you like the game!

Here’s my title screen, it’s very minimalist I’d say.

If you want to try a certain level or practice that hard part in the game.

These are some of the levels in the game.

Feel free to criticize and share some ideas, I’d be happy to receive some feedback :smile:.

2 Likes

Liked the look and feel of the pieces and the trail. So good job overall. Coming to the issues I feel the ball speeds up too much in a few bounces.
Also as in many other brick breaker style games on here it went and started bouncing between 2 walls as shown for ever.
And then the ball disappeared all together leaving me stuck on the level.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Codermonk, I’ll fix it right away :grin: And I’m really sorry about that :sweat:

Nothing to be sorry about We are all learning here. All the best.

1 Like

I just fixed it, not ideal but it works. My coding knowledge lacks so I really can’t fix the ball’s vertical loop :sweat_smile: What I did was add another collider that is 1 x 1 and z rotation is set to 45° on both left and right. I also fixed the slow down when the ball hits between or the gap of 2 blocks by setting the mass of the ball by 0.001 and gravity to 0 (also set the bounce material to 1.001 since that seems to maintain speed.

I want to get good at coding already to create games perfectly :cry:.
But I’ll keep learning :smile:.

2 Likes

Nice sound effects and colours

1 Like

I liked the design of it. Good job!

1 Like

Another way to do it is to add some smaller edges to your ball. Nice game!

Privacy & Terms